A selector lets you select a pallet for some command. Selectors can be the name of the pallet or the location where the pallet is.
Various selector are predefined:
- * (star) – will select all pallets
- upper – will select pallets in the upper (stage) position excluding those in the outer revolve position
- lower – will select pallets in the lower stage area, for example, upper turn 45; will turn all pallets in the upper position by 45 degrees
- sub – will select pallets in the sub stage area
- p1, p2, p3, -p1, -p2 etc – will select pallets in the park areas
- outer – will select pallets in the outer revolve area
Targets are target location used as destinations for pallet moves
- stage – for example blue to stage;
- lower – for example blue to lower;
- sub – for example blue to sub;
- extend – for example blue to extend;
in addition a target can be specified as a number, interpreted as a percentage if the span. The span is the natural height unit for the drum and is defined in the drum settings, one span i set to the maximum realistic height the drum will rise to. The lower level is one span below the stage surface while the sub level is 1.2 spans below the lower level.
Usually complicated pallets like the old blue pallet which have a height have there height automatically scaled to one span, this means that when such a pallet is raised to its extend position its lower surface is then level with the stage surface, when at the stage level its upper surface is level with the stage.